Dental insurance is like a never-ending maze that often leaves you feeling confused and uncertain about the benefits it actually provides.
One benefit we offer our patients is that we’ll always take time to help answer your dental insurance questions. We will do our best to be your advocate and help you maximize your benefits. Ultimately, what the insurance will or will not cover is based on the contract YOU have with your insurance company. Since we are only the provider of services, we cannot control what your insurance will or will not pay.
Things to Consider
If you are considering changing your dental insurance, here are a few things to consider:
- Are routine cleanings, exams and x-rays covered and at what percent?
- Is there a pre-existing condition clause?
- Is there a waiting period for procedures such as crowns and bridges?
- What services will you use?
- Is your provider in-network?
- How long will you have the plan?
- Is there a premium cost for you?
- If you need work done, how much does it cost with and without insurance and how does that compare to your premium costs?
If you have questions about your insurance and what is covered, please let us know or contact your benefits administrator.